Measuring VDDA with Capsense ADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaGy_1246781
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

Hello All,

I would like to measure the voltage at pin VDDA.  On page 18 of the CY8C63x6/7 data sheet it states that the Capsense ADC can measure VDDA against an internal reference without using GPIO or external components.  However, I can find no information about actually doing this.

I've studied the documentation for the CSDADC middleware library.  I see how to connect the ADC to GPIO pins, but I can't figure out how to connect to VDDA.  Does anyone know how?

Paul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi PaGy_1246781​,

The CSDADC middleware library provides an API Cy_CSDADC_MeasureVdda(). It measures  VDDA voltage and returns the result in millivolts. It doesn't require a GPIO to do the measurement.

Cypress CSDADC Middleware Library 2.0: Functions

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Are you using PSoC Creator CapSense component? If yes, there is a function called CapSense_GetVdda() that you can use.

If you are not, you can refer to the implementation of that function to see how to establish the connection.

0 Likes

Hi PaGy_1246781​,

The CSDADC middleware library provides an API Cy_CSDADC_MeasureVdda(). It measures  VDDA voltage and returns the result in millivolts. It doesn't require a GPIO to do the measurement.

Cypress CSDADC Middleware Library 2.0: Functions

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Wow.  I got so hung up on the configuration, that I didn't even look through the API.  Thanks, Bragadeesh.

Paul

Unfortunately, I can't use PSoC Creator in this project (I wish I could).  But thanks for the info.

Paul

0 Likes