Measuring BLE Throughput between PSoC 6 and PSoC 4200

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuNa_4652896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

I am using PSoC 6 Kit CYBLE-416045-02 and CySmart BLE Dongle CY5677  (which is based on PSoC 4200).

I used the code example here for PSoC 6 as GATT OUT (Data Sender)

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce222046-psoc-6-mcu-bluetooth-low-energy-ble-con...

and used Project #24 for CY5677 as GATT IN (Data Reciever). I select the address of PSoC 6 from the list

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day024_Throughput at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE ...

The throughput is always 0 kpbs. What do I need to change for the GATT OUT on the PSoC 6 to make the data transfer work correctly?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The both the code examples you are referring to were aimed to two different code examples. So in order to use them you need to make some small changes. In PSoC 6 based GATT_OUT example, please make the flag char NotificationEnabled = true; in the CY_BLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND event. Otherwise the server expects it to happen in the CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ event.

Please find the attached projects with the above modification. Use them at your side and see if you are able to get non-zero throughput.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The both the code examples you are referring to were aimed to two different code examples. So in order to use them you need to make some small changes. In PSoC 6 based GATT_OUT example, please make the flag char NotificationEnabled = true; in the CY_BLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND event. Otherwise the server expects it to happen in the CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ event.

Please find the attached projects with the above modification. Use them at your side and see if you are able to get non-zero throughput.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks GaneshD_41​ for your response. I was able to see non-zero numbers, however, only 128 kpbs? Isn't that too slow for BLE?

0 Likes

Hi,

In PSoC 6 project please remove the UART print statement just before sending the Notification packet in the SendNotification function().

Also, please note that the throughput measurement depends on the environment as well as the distance between the Client and the server devices.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes