MTB PSOC6 BLE bootloader on only M4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi everyone,

I need to implement a bootloader on PSOC6 with OTA Ble functionality.

I want this to run only on M4 because I plan to upgrade my code to run BLESS Controler on M0 due to performance issues.

An other info, I use mtb!

Can you please give me advises to achieve this ? Do you have sample code?

Thank you in advance for your great help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @PSOC6_dev ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

At present Modus 2.4 has bless but in Modus 3.0 there is new Airoc stack and not bless so you can go with PSoC Creator for implementation of the BLE bootloader because in new stack bootloader is not implemented yet.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
PratikshaV

Hi @PSOC6_dev,

At present we don't have code example on PSoC6 BLE Bootloader you can refer this below link for reference:

https://infineon.github.io/dfu/dfu_sdk_api_reference_manual/html/index.html#group_dfu_ucase_ble

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

Hi @PratikshaV 

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll implement BLE myself because I have a specific protocol.

Could you please give me more information on how to use bootloader + app only on M4?

Could you please confirm that it is compatible with CM0+BLESS image ?

Thank you again for your support,

Kind regards,

0 Likes
PratikshaV

Hi @PSOC6_dev ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

At present Modus 2.4 has bless but in Modus 3.0 there is new Airoc stack and not bless so you can go with PSoC Creator for implementation of the BLE bootloader because in new stack bootloader is not implemented yet.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

@PratikshaV , @PSOC6_dev  and I seem to have the same problem. I need some clarification. 

We have both already written apps in MTB2.4, and need a BLE bootloader. Ideally one that is compatible with a dual core app.   Are you saying we can use Psoc Creator to build the bootloader, but load the MTB app within it?

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

@PSOC6_dev did you get through this?  I have been unable to reconcile the differences in the memory layout for the dual "COMPONENTS=BLESS_HOST_IPC CM0_BLESS" and OTA DFU.   If Infineon expects people to succeed at this they should really provide an example of dual core DFU for Modus 2.4 

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi @Panometric ,

No, now i'm implementing ble dfu without cm0_bless. I have some issue and most of the time my app1 is not lunching and it reset again and again... As soon as it works well i'll try to use CM0_BLESS

On another topic concerning ble Infineon told that bless should not be used anymore with mtb because it is replaced with AIROC BT SDK...

I'm completely lost on working on PSOC6, there are 2 tools (mtb/psoc creator), we have new stack and libs, .... on each question the answer is to upgrade all 🤒