Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I just installed MTB 3.1

For a test run tried to create a Hellow World app but it files with the following error:

Failed to open Git repository: config value 'safe.directory' was not found

Then tried to create several other samples but I always get the same error. Is this an install issue or a server problem?

My OS is Windows 10

More info:

I also tried manually downloading a sample from git in a ZIP compressed file. Then used FILE -> IMPORT -> General -> Projects from Folder or Archive as suggested in the release notes. The attached screenshot shows the Import Projects window with the ZIP file selected and the list of projects section blank. Expanding the ZIP to a folder makes no difference.  Something is fundamentally wrong with this version. I can't create a project in any way and I can't import my older projects created in MTB 2.4 either. I'll have to rollback to that version until this is fixed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4

The problem was a conflict with a previous installaition of MTB 2.4. Uninistalling everything and reinstalling MTB 3.1 on a clean machine solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ADSW
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello, 

It can be caused by git version. 
You can refer to this KBA226845 for update or setup the Git.

Warm regards,
Andri

0 Likes
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4

The problem was a conflict with a previous installaition of MTB 2.4. Uninistalling everything and reinstalling MTB 3.1 on a clean machine solved the problem.

ADSW
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @GuGa_1322886 , 

Thanks for your information. 

Then I will close this thread. .

Warm regards,
Andri

0 Likes