MQTT connection failed with error code 0x8060009.. with AWS broker from OPTIGA_MQTT_Client example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
patilbhu
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi, 

I have used below configuration to run an AWS example on PSoC board.

1. MTB 2.4

2. Board 

CYSBSYSKIT-DEV-01

3. Example : OPTIGA_MQTT_Client.

I am trying to run this example without OPTIGA. After setting up a AWS configuration with auto generated certificates, I modified the configuration of the example. Here I have disabled the OPTIGA part in main.c and did the modification in mqtt_client_config.h by updating the certificates.

Code built successful and working till the Wi-Fi connection.

But after that the MQTT connection failed.

Error log : 

MQTT connection failed with error code 0x8060009.

Help me to get this this resolved.

Regards

Note : I can ping to my endpoint through command line from system.

0 Likes
1 Solution
patilbhu
Employee
Employee

Hello Yong, 

Along with change in the FreeRTOS config make sure to update the mbedtls_user-config file too. Consider using mbedtls_user_config.h file from WiFi_MQTT_Client example. 

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shreya_S
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi Patilbhu,

Can you please share your code zip file with me? Also, please send the AWS configuration details.

Regards,
Shreya

0 Likes
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

Please check once again whether the client certificate, client private key and root ca certificate  are correctly given in the "mqtt_client_config.h" file. Also, check the broker address. The connection fails usually when those are not correct.

You can send the source code with the modifications that you have made.  I will check if anything else is causing this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
ying
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

If you want to use the auto generated certificates for OPTIGA_MQTT_Client project, you need to modify the configUSE_TICK_HOOK  in FreeRTOSConfig.h  to "0". 

Thanks

0 Likes
patilbhu
Employee
Employee

Hello Yong, 

Along with change in the FreeRTOS config make sure to update the mbedtls_user-config file too. Consider using mbedtls_user_config.h file from WiFi_MQTT_Client example. 

Regards