Lower Power Consumption when debugger attached ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
matthiasb
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given 25 sign-ins First like received

Hello,

i'm trying to minimize the power usage of our Psoc6 based ble-enabled battery-powered pcb. I made use of the ULP mode and lower CPU Frequency and the use of Sleep mode (with timers still enabled).

But i came across a strange behaviour when measuring the power usage in different scenarious. When running the program normally (without debugger attached) the whole pcb is drawing about 2,3mA (combined of all components and the psoc6 included). but if I attach the debugger and run it without a breakpoint (the program behaves the same way), the power consumption drops significantly (to ~ 1,1mA). It doesn't make any sense to me.

Does anyone know why this is like this ? And how can I get the same effect of this "magic power mode" in my application ?

Regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
1 Solution
matthiasb
Level 3
Level 3

just a short follow-up because I found the reason myself: there is current running through the SWD pins.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
matthiasb
Level 3
Level 3

just a short follow-up because I found the reason myself: there is current running through the SWD pins.

0 Likes