Low cost development board PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Cava_2099831
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I really like the idea of a single chip with embedded wireless connection. We still have to see some datasheets to see how valuable the PSoC6 is but based on the PSoC5 my expectations are high.

I like to vote two things for the PSoC6.

The announced Pioneer Kits are nice but it do not give the amount of flexibility of simpler and lower cost

CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit

1) I really like the simple design of the prototyping kit. For PSoC6 I would like a similar design with the following wish list.

- make the board one row smaller so you have two rows available on the breadboard.

(The WICED Photon development board from Particle has this width see: https://docs.particle.io/datasheets/photon-datasheet/ )

- drop the bulky low cost USB solution for micro USB

- programming and debugging via micro USB or even better BLE or WiFi

- the CY8CKIT-059 are designed to break but the board is so thick that this is not possible but I like the idea of a cap sense break of board.

- make the board small so you can use in actual designs

2) Support C++ in PSoC creator.

- you can use C++ in PSoC creator if you are willing to jump through some hoops,
   use another editor for syntax lighting, write you own startup code, linker script, etc

C++ has some benefits like namespaces, inheritance, templates, operator overloading etc which can make you firmware easier to write and understand.

1 Solution
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

Thanks for your interest in PSoC 6 and your suggestions for PSoC 6 Prototyping Kit.

1. Yes, we do have plans to bring out a prototyping kit, similar to CY8CKIT-059, but it's not planned till later part of this year. Regarding the CapSense breakout boards, do you have any preference on what kind of sensors you prefer on the board?

2. Yes, we are evaluating the support of C++ in our development platform. We'll announce when we have more details to be shared on this topic.

Thanks,

Pushek

View solution in original post

8 Replies