Low Voltage Power Line Communication and TDS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sstadler
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am interested in designing a solution for measuring TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) in water and sending the data over the 12V power line to the receiving end where the data is displayed.

I remember using a PSoC for power line communication a long time ago before the PSoC PLC version was released.

If I want to combine using a PSoC for both TDS and PLC, which PSoC do you recommend?

Thank You,

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Steve,

Kindly refer the this appnote for PLC solution. The attached design files can be also used for your reference even though a solution in the exact voltage is not available.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Steve,

We recommend you to go with PSoC5LP device for your application. Please go through the following application note on powerline communication with PSoC5LP device.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an76458-psoc-5lp-high-voltage-120-240-vac-po...

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Steve,

Kindly refer the this appnote for PLC solution. The attached design files can be also used for your reference even though a solution in the exact voltage is not available.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes