Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rt54321
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I am using the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE kit for a motor control application.  This kit has the built-in debugger on it.

If I use the debug utility in PSOC Creator, I can't see watch variables in "real time" - I have to pause the program so that my watch variables update.

Is there a different debug utility/program I can use with the PSOC6 kit, where I can see watched variables, and stream trace data, in real time?

I am including a screenshot of the Segger Ozone debugger, just to show the features (like streaming data) that I am looking for.  [I am not sure if Ozone will work with the PSOC6].

rt54321_0-1704467135052.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @rt54321 

Currently, Modustoolbox does not have a option to plot a variable as shown by you in the image.

We can set a watchpoint which is a special breakpoint that stops the execution of an application whenever the value of a given expression changes, without specifying where it might occur.  You can set a watchpoint on a global variable by highlighting the variable in the editor, or by selecting it in the Outline view. In this case you would know when the value of the variable changes.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @rt54321 

Currently, Modustoolbox does not have a option to plot a variable as shown by you in the image.

We can set a watchpoint which is a special breakpoint that stops the execution of an application whenever the value of a given expression changes, without specifying where it might occur.  You can set a watchpoint on a global variable by highlighting the variable in the editor, or by selecting it in the Outline view. In this case you would know when the value of the variable changes.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes