Keil and KitProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I have a customer working with the CYBLE-416045-EVAL stick and has upgraded the programmer to KitProg3 in order to work within his Keil uVision environment.  There is an error he is seeing, is it something we know about and can address?  Here is his statement:

We almost succeeded to use Keil with the kitprog, hooray! The problem remains is this error: RDDI-DAP Error. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Please let us know.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was trying to recreate this error. I was able to observe the error when I was playing around with the Max Clock setting in the Debug settings window. Also, it used to happen rarely during debugging. I was able to get past this issue by unplugging and replugging my kit. You can play around with the clock settings. It should be less than 1/3 of the BUS CLK frequency of the PSoC.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce this issue consistently. If yes, please let me know the steps.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

In the MDK Keil Help there was a description about RDDI-DAP Error as below.

000-Help-Error.JPG

moto

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

In the Target Options, select Cypress MiniProg4/KitProg in the Debug window. Then open the Settings window. Can you share the screenshot of this window?

pastedImage_3.png

Are you seeing the ID Code and Device Name listed?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

DAP.PNG

0 Likes

I was trying to recreate this error. I was able to observe the error when I was playing around with the Max Clock setting in the Debug settings window. Also, it used to happen rarely during debugging. I was able to get past this issue by unplugging and replugging my kit. You can play around with the clock settings. It should be less than 1/3 of the BUS CLK frequency of the PSoC.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce this issue consistently. If yes, please let me know the steps.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes