KITPROG3 Baud

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aleung
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I'm new to PSoC.  I am using the CY8CKIT-062S4.  I downloaded the sample "UART_Transmit_and_Receive" sample project and works.    I tried modify the baud to 230400 as below ( if this is not the correct step, please correct me),  it also works.  But putting any baud higher than that (e.g. 460800) doesn't.  Is there any method to set this? 

comm.jpg 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @aleung 

The method you are using to update the baud rate is correct.

I was also able to reproduce the issue you are facing.
I tried upgrading the kitprog firmware version from 2.21 to 2.30 after which the issue was fixed for me.

To upgrade the kitprog firmware version open firmware loader. It should be present in the following directory: C:\Users\user_name\ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\fw-loader (open the windows batch file).

Type the following command: ./fw-loader.exe --update-kp3 (ensure that  CY8CKIT-062S4 is connected to your device during this time.)

After the kitprog firmware is updated try changing the baud rate in the project to 460800 and see if it works for you.

Let me know your observation or any issues you might face with the steps.

Best Regards
Ekta 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @aleung 

The method you are using to update the baud rate is correct.

I was also able to reproduce the issue you are facing.
I tried upgrading the kitprog firmware version from 2.21 to 2.30 after which the issue was fixed for me.

To upgrade the kitprog firmware version open firmware loader. It should be present in the following directory: C:\Users\user_name\ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\fw-loader (open the windows batch file).

Type the following command: ./fw-loader.exe --update-kp3 (ensure that  CY8CKIT-062S4 is connected to your device during this time.)

After the kitprog firmware is updated try changing the baud rate in the project to 460800 and see if it works for you.

Let me know your observation or any issues you might face with the steps.

Best Regards
Ekta 

0 Likes
aleung
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,   it shows some error as following:

q1.jpg

0 Likes
aleung
Level 2
Level 2

I think the error is due to I open the Tera Term and hold the port. I closed it and retry the upgrade and success. And success on baud 460800. Thanks for help.

0 Likes