Input from DieTemp sensor on PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Would someone please explain to me how to get a temperature reading from the DieTemperature sensor or show me an example? I'm looking at the Cypress Peripheral Driver Library (PDL)    Version 3.0.1.1508.

Is this the "on-chip" temperature sensor detailed in the PSoC6 Datasheet?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Nick,

As fwan​ pointed out, the example (CE220974 - PSoC 6 MCU Multi-Config Scan_ADC Example) describes how to use the DieTemp present in PSoC 6 silicon. One correction to his statement, the sensor is present inside PSoC 6 and the example demonstrates how to take measurement from the sensor every second (MCWDT generates the one second interrupt for measuring the DieTemp value).

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns with the example.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Nick,

Please refer to code example CE220974 - PSoC 6 MCU Multi-Config Scan_ADC Example  for more details about the DieTemp sensor on PSoC 6 kit board.

Please note this sensor is not integrated inside PSoC 6, it is a kind of peripheral circuit. The measurement method is clarified in CE220974 documentation.

0 Likes

Hello Nick,

As fwan​ pointed out, the example (CE220974 - PSoC 6 MCU Multi-Config Scan_ADC Example) describes how to use the DieTemp present in PSoC 6 silicon. One correction to his statement, the sensor is present inside PSoC 6 and the example demonstrates how to take measurement from the sensor every second (MCWDT generates the one second interrupt for measuring the DieTemp value).

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns with the example.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That example worked great. Thank you guys

0 Likes