Indexing issue in ModusToolBox 2.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vivekatamantya
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello community members,

I have been using ModusToolBox 2.4 for the last 6 months, but still trying to solve why indexing is not working in ModusToolBox IDE. I have been working with PSoC 6 development boards and writing firmware for the boards, but the different functions, enums, structures, etc. and not indexed within the IDE. I have to go through different source or header files to look at that functions and enums. This is very frustrating for me.  

vivekatamantya_0-1670915671876.png

look at those red errors, they are not going anywhere, the code building correctly every time, but the indexing of every file is not working. Please help me to solve this issue. Do I have to change some settings in the Preference window or what, please help!!

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Karna

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @vivekatamantya :

Please check the Indexer setting of Workspace in MTB IDE, Window->preferences->Indexer.

Below is the setting in my MTB 2.4 IDE.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Please also check the Indexer setting of Project in MTB IDE, Project->Properties->Indexer.

2.jpg

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @vivekatamantya :

Did you close the "mtb_shared" directory?

If it's closed in MTB IDE, you can't use the index function, but it's linked when you build the project.

There're many files of project in the "mtb_shared" directory, and you can index the API after building the project.

Please check it.

Best Regards,

Colin 

0 Likes
vivekatamantya
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @Qi_Colin,

vivekatamantya_0-1670917262361.png

the above files are added with every project, do I need to add the "mtb_shared" folder also, which is present in the ModusToolBox directory? If yes, then how can I add this folder to the ModusToolBox workplace?

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Karna

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @vivekatamantya :

These files are in the "mtb_shared" folder in the red box like below.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Generally, this folder is auto generated when you create a new project or after using command "make getlibs".

If this folder is not in your IDE, please refer to section 3.7 of MTB user guide to regenerate it.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
vivekatamantya
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @Qi_Colin,

Tried the steps, but the problem still persists. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Karna

0 Likes

Hi @vivekatamantya :

Please check the Indexer setting of Workspace in MTB IDE, Window->preferences->Indexer.

Below is the setting in my MTB 2.4 IDE.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Please also check the Indexer setting of Project in MTB IDE, Project->Properties->Indexer.

2.jpg

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes