If we are enabling SmartIO feature on a PORT of PSoC 6 , is it allowed to use the unused pins of that port as normal GPIO pin ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vivek_DiehlCont
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First like given

Hello,

I wanted to use the Smart IO feature on PORT 9  of PSoC 6. But I am using only three pins of it and configured it in Smart IO Configurator.

Can I used the remaining pins of PORT 9 as normal GPIO pins ?

Best Regards,

Vivek

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi Vivek,

It is possible to use the other pins of the port as GPIO pins. You can do this by following the steps given below:

1. Open the Smart I/O Configurator (you can find it under the Tools section in the Quick Panel in Modustoolbox)

2. In the Smart I/O Configurator select the bypass option for the pins that you want to use as GPIO

pastedImage_0.png

In the above image you can see that the pins 6, 5, 4 and 2 belonging to Port 9 have been bypassed while the Pin 3 is passed through the Smart I/O block

The lines by passed and do not go through the Smart I/O routing fabric. i.e. Connection between the chip resource and the pin are directly connected. Bypass option frees this line and allows ModusToolbox to use this pin location for placing resources not meant to be used in the Smart I/O fabric.

For more details you can refer to the Modustoolbox Smart I/O Configurator Guide

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi Vivek,

It is possible to use the other pins of the port as GPIO pins. You can do this by following the steps given below:

1. Open the Smart I/O Configurator (you can find it under the Tools section in the Quick Panel in Modustoolbox)

2. In the Smart I/O Configurator select the bypass option for the pins that you want to use as GPIO

pastedImage_0.png

In the above image you can see that the pins 6, 5, 4 and 2 belonging to Port 9 have been bypassed while the Pin 3 is passed through the Smart I/O block

The lines by passed and do not go through the Smart I/O routing fabric. i.e. Connection between the chip resource and the pin are directly connected. Bypass option frees this line and allows ModusToolbox to use this pin location for placing resources not meant to be used in the Smart I/O fabric.

For more details you can refer to the Modustoolbox Smart I/O Configurator Guide

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards

Ekta