I3C support PSoC 6 family?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Marcelo_Macedo1
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hi,

I'm working with a customer that needs the I3C protocol on the PSoC device, looking this old thread seems Infineon was studying the feasibility to implement it on newer products, so my questions are:

1 - Is there any planned device on the near roadmap with I3C?

2 - If not, is it possible to implement using the UDB (Universal Digital Block) or is it possible to implement using the cortex M0 to be dedicated to emulate the I3C?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo - Neutronics FAE

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Marcelo_Macedo1 ,

1]As of now, none of our devices from the PSoC Family support the I3C protocol.
We will announce when we have a new product that has support ​for this protocol in the future.

2]Can you please let us know the opportunity and time line concerned with this proposal?

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Marcelo_Macedo1 ,

1]As of now, none of our devices from the PSoC Family support the I3C protocol.
We will announce when we have a new product that has support ​for this protocol in the future.

2]Can you please let us know the opportunity and time line concerned with this proposal?

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

Hi @Gautami_12,

Thank you for the quick answer. 

Customer needs a very small package, maximum 5x5 to be integrated inside a consumer module. I can't detail the business opportunity here due to confidentiality, but the key requirements are:

Small form factor, i3c, floating point unit ( for DSP functionality ).

I don't have information about the time line yet, but anyway, thank you for the support.

0 Likes