How to use uVision for debugging?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4297386
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a PSoC 6 (CYBLE-416045-02) board and I was trying to use Keil for debugging. I think I have the settings in Keil wrong. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, the CYBLE-416045-02 board has the onboard Kitprog2 programmer/debugger. However, in Keil uVision, the Cypress Miniprog3/Kitprog option isn't supported for PSoC6. You will need to make use of the ULink/JLink probes.

Once you snap-off Kitprog2, then you need to power the board using VTARG pin on J5. You can connect the power supply pin of the debugger probes to this. Based on the interface SWD/JTAG make appropriate connections by referring:

You will need to load the J3 jumper to connect VTARG to P6.VDD to power the BLE module.

J-Link probe pin connections can be obtained here: Interface Description | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

In PSoC Creator, go to Help > PSoC Creator Help Topics. Search for "Creating uVision Projects for PSoC 6". This section details all the settings you need to configure your project to build and debug it correctly.

keil1.png

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for that Dheeraj.

Since there is a debugger on my CYBLE-416045-02 board, is there a way I just plug into the USB port on my PC and program/debug for Keil. I am asking because I noticed that only ULink2/ULink Pro and Segger J-Link Debugger Probes method is mentioned in the page you mentioned.

While you are at it, please let me know if I have to break my PSoC evaluation board to use the ULink/JLink programmer to continue and if so, how do I power my PSoC board.

Thanks

0 Likes

Yes, the CYBLE-416045-02 board has the onboard Kitprog2 programmer/debugger. However, in Keil uVision, the Cypress Miniprog3/Kitprog option isn't supported for PSoC6. You will need to make use of the ULink/JLink probes.

Once you snap-off Kitprog2, then you need to power the board using VTARG pin on J5. You can connect the power supply pin of the debugger probes to this. Based on the interface SWD/JTAG make appropriate connections by referring:

You will need to load the J3 jumper to connect VTARG to P6.VDD to power the BLE module.

J-Link probe pin connections can be obtained here: Interface Description | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes