How to use deep sleep SCB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

In the datasheet for the CY8C6347BZI-BLD54 it says there are 9 SCBs, but one is a deep sleep SCB.

Can I use the deep sleep SCB during normal operation, and if so what pins can I use it with?

I only see 8 SCBs in the datasheet table 8: Multiple Alternate Functions

I need to set up 4 SPI buses and 5 UARTS.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

The deep sleep SCB is similar to other SCBs during normal operation. The only difference is that it can wake up the device from deep sleep using an I2C address match. The following restrictions apply on a deep sleep capable SCB:

It can be configured ONLY as  SPI slave or I2C slave and needs an external clock when the device is in deep sleep since the clocks of the device are not functional during deep sleep

The SCBs are  numbered from 0 to 8,therefore there are 9 SCBs in total. scb[8] is the deep sleep capable device in the selected part.

pastedImage_2.png

For more details about deep sleep capable SCB, please check the device Architecture TRM SCB chapter.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

The deep sleep SCB is similar to other SCBs during normal operation. The only difference is that it can wake up the device from deep sleep using an I2C address match. The following restrictions apply on a deep sleep capable SCB:

It can be configured ONLY as  SPI slave or I2C slave and needs an external clock when the device is in deep sleep since the clocks of the device are not functional during deep sleep

The SCBs are  numbered from 0 to 8,therefore there are 9 SCBs in total. scb[8] is the deep sleep capable device in the selected part.

pastedImage_2.png

For more details about deep sleep capable SCB, please check the device Architecture TRM SCB chapter.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Thanks Bragadeesh!

0 Likes