How to use PSOC6 to write picture file to external flash access in XIP mode ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
David_Zhang
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
First comment on blog First like received 50 sign-ins
hi Infineon: now we use PSOC6 to driver GUI, due to some picture is too large, we want to store the picture files to external flash, so the space is enough to use, but we can't find any code , the PSOC6 XIP is about the string, not picture, so please help to provide the code base on emWin_TFT_FreeRTOS , tks;
0 Likes
1 Solution
YuZh
100 replies posted 10 likes received 50 sign-ins

Hi:

From my opinion, there is two ways to putting a picture into the SPI Flash:

1. Used the software tools to convert the picture into a binary file. And then copy the file content to your project. Finally, write to you SPI Flash.

2. Try to build a FATFS on PSOC6. And the just drag your picture  into the U disk.

Actually, modustools have included two types of FATFS based on SD Card and SPI Flash. You can refer to it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YuZh

Hi:

Could you tell me what kind of external flash you used right now? SPI Flash? NOR Flash? Nand FLash?

0 Likes
David_Zhang
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
First comment on blog First like received 50 sign-ins

hi   Yu:

we use external norflash.  in  CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 demo kit,  the external norflash part is 
S25FL512SAGMFI010, can you help  add the code in the  example  of  emWin_TFT_FreeRTOS

0 Likes
YuZh

Hi:

From my opinion, there is two ways to putting a picture into the SPI Flash:

1. Used the software tools to convert the picture into a binary file. And then copy the file content to your project. Finally, write to you SPI Flash.

2. Try to build a FATFS on PSOC6. And the just drag your picture  into the U disk.

Actually, modustools have included two types of FATFS based on SD Card and SPI Flash. You can refer to it.

0 Likes