How to use PSOC6 BLE pioneer kit PROG SEL to Program other PSOC6 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jali_3846906
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

When i watch CY8CKIT-062-BLE Schematic.pdf,i find PSOC6 BLE pioneer kit can use PROG SEL(SW6)to chose external device or PSOC6 BLE and Program device.Now,I want to use external device to Program my PSOC6.Can you give me some suggestion.Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Which kind of external device you are going to use to program P6? Of course you can use MiniProg3 or J-link program P6 through J6/J11 with SW6 switched as position 'PSOC6 BLE'.

The 'EXTERNAL DEVICE' mark of SW6 means the board can lend the onboard KitProg to program external device.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Which kind of external device you are going to use to program P6? Of course you can use MiniProg3 or J-link program P6 through J6/J11 with SW6 switched as position 'PSOC6 BLE'.

The 'EXTERNAL DEVICE' mark of SW6 means the board can lend the onboard KitProg to program external device.

Yes,I want to program external device.But when I connect external device,the creator show me this Message.Can you tell me the reason?xxx.png

0 Likes

From the attached image, looks like you are trying to program a PSoC 6 MCU project onto a non-PSoC device or the target PSoC device could not be acquired with your current setup. What is the target device you are trying to program and how are you connecting it?

Ensure that you connect the target PSoC device to PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit through a 10-pin ribbon cable at J11. Load the appropriate target project in PSoC Creator and then try to program and see if that helps.

Cheers!

To add to Srikanth's answer, you can use PSoC Programmer if you just want to program the device using Kitprog2 FW. What type of external device you are trying to program? Is it PSoC 4/6 or some other device? If it is some other device (other than PSoC), then try CMSIS-DAP and any external programmer that supports CMSIS-DAP. Refer to Kitprog2 User guide Chapter 3 and 4 for details on Kitprog2 and CMSIS-DAP mode of programming.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

Thank you.I got it.

0 Likes