How to update BLE server data thorugh one of central devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am developing BLE peripheral and server device with PSoC6.

This PSoC device connect to many and unspecified central devices such as smart phone and a host equipment.

At first, PSoC broadcast advirtise packet and central devices include the host equipment recieve the advirtise packet.

Then, all of central devises send connection request to PSoC.

I would like to develop the system which chose the host equipment if there is the connection request from the host equipment, but if there is no the connection request from the host equipment, the system will connect to any central device. I assume if I can know the address of the priritiy central equipmnt, I just connet the equipment but I can not know the address in field at mass production.

Please let me any idea.

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Try to get the particular host equipment device address (this can be done by connecting the particular host device with peripheral without having any other central devices nearby). Once you got the particular Host device address put the device in whitelist in peripheral and change the filter policy to Connect request: White List (in which the Link Layer shall process connection requests only from devices in the White List ) for sometime. If you didn't get any connection request from the whitelist device then you can change the filter policy to Connect request: Any(the Link Layer shall process connection requests from all the devices in this condition).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Try to get the particular host equipment device address (this can be done by connecting the particular host device with peripheral without having any other central devices nearby). Once you got the particular Host device address put the device in whitelist in peripheral and change the filter policy to Connect request: White List (in which the Link Layer shall process connection requests only from devices in the White List ) for sometime. If you didn't get any connection request from the whitelist device then you can change the filter policy to Connect request: Any(the Link Layer shall process connection requests from all the devices in this condition).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes