How to interface Dynamixel servos(AX12-A) with PSOC6 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaKa_4331911
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Greetings from India fellow developers !

i have one Dynamixel servo(ax12-a) and a Psoc6 CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT looking for ways to interface the Dynamixel servo  with psoc 6 . it would be great if someone can guide me on how to do it with or without additional hardware.also it would be enough if someone can show me where to start.

thanks in advance!

Regards,

Pallav Karya

0 Likes
1 Solution
WeGa_288606
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi Pallav,

I am assuming that you are starting from ground zero. Let us start with the electrical/physical connections. Please see the attached block diagram for starters and please double check the details as I could have made mistakes this late my time. Especially because I do not have a servo so I cannot verify the specifications provided by the servo manufacturer website i.e. pin out and connector pins order etc... Trust but verify.

Please note: Do not power your kit from the LiPo 11.1V battery unless you know that you can. I have not checked if it provides regulated input anywhere. In this setup I am assuming your kit will be powered through its own supply source such as USB or other arrangements you have made.

. servo.jpg

Best Regards,

Wess

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WeGa_288606
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi Pallav,

I am assuming that you are starting from ground zero. Let us start with the electrical/physical connections. Please see the attached block diagram for starters and please double check the details as I could have made mistakes this late my time. Especially because I do not have a servo so I cannot verify the specifications provided by the servo manufacturer website i.e. pin out and connector pins order etc... Trust but verify.

Please note: Do not power your kit from the LiPo 11.1V battery unless you know that you can. I have not checked if it provides regulated input anywhere. In this setup I am assuming your kit will be powered through its own supply source such as USB or other arrangements you have made.

. servo.jpg

Best Regards,

Wess

Thankyou for your invaluable time and effort we really appreciate that.

this got me started thanks again.

0 Likes