How to get maximum Tx/Rx pins from the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Siamak
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,
I wanted to use CY8CPROTO-062-4343W to develop a trackpad with 4 Tx * 37 Rx spec. I broke all the peripheral parts from the board except for the KitProg3 USB connector. 

1. I noticed in the documentation that it's necessary to remove/remount specific resistors to disconnect from peripheral parts. Is that necessary to manipulate resistors since I broke and disconnected all of the peripheral parts from the main board?

2. is there any other thing I have to do to get 41 pins (4 Tx * 37 Rx) ready to work correctly with touchpad?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hello @Siamak,

1. If you still had the CapSense peripheral broken unbroken and you wanted to use the pins used by CapSense sensors elsewhere, then you had to unmount respective resistors.

Since you have the CapSense peripheral board broken/removed, if you need to use any pin for CapSense sensors, a series resistor of 560ohm for CSD or 2kohm for CSX is required on each pin.

2. Since you've removed the peripheral boards except for kitprog3, all the dependencies of the pins with the removed boards would not be present. Use the kit's guide to reconfirm whether the pins you would plan to use for CapSense are not used by other modules. Follow the guidelines given in the PSoC® 4 and PSoC 6 MCU CapSense® Design Guide for more information regarding CapSense designs. 

Best regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hello @Siamak,

1. If you still had the CapSense peripheral broken unbroken and you wanted to use the pins used by CapSense sensors elsewhere, then you had to unmount respective resistors.

Since you have the CapSense peripheral board broken/removed, if you need to use any pin for CapSense sensors, a series resistor of 560ohm for CSD or 2kohm for CSX is required on each pin.

2. Since you've removed the peripheral boards except for kitprog3, all the dependencies of the pins with the removed boards would not be present. Use the kit's guide to reconfirm whether the pins you would plan to use for CapSense are not used by other modules. Follow the guidelines given in the PSoC® 4 and PSoC 6 MCU CapSense® Design Guide for more information regarding CapSense designs. 

Best regards,
Nikhil