How to create new PSoc Creator 4.2 project with CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB prototyping kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AaSi_4486746
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I have a PSOC 6 board (CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB) , I tried to create a new project for this board, But I am not able to find the board listed .

I have used PSOC creator 4.2 and updated the PSOC creator to add any new devices by going to tools/Find new devices,

But still it is not getting listed.

Please guide me to create a new project using this board CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You need to install Modus Toolbox 2.1 for the development of CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB family devices. You can get it from the link below.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

We recommend all the customers to use Modus Toolbox platform for the development of all new applications using PSoC 6.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You need to install Modus Toolbox 2.1 for the development of CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB family devices. You can get it from the link below.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

We recommend all the customers to use Modus Toolbox platform for the development of all new applications using PSoC 6.

Thanks

Ganesh

Thanks, Ganesh, But I would also like to know why is Modus Toolbox recommended for the development of applications using PSoC 6 over PSoC Creator IDE,
P.S. I have used PSoC creator IDE extensively while working with PSoC 5LP.

Aadarsh

0 Likes

Hi AaSi_4486746​,

ModusToolbox caters to all the features of PSoC 6 and with the new features like Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and Board Support Package (BSP) it tries to make the code device agnostic. Our internal development teams are continuously working to make ModusToolbox the goto tool for PSoC 6 project development. The new ModusToolbox 2.1 allows you to use the IDE of your choice! You can read about the new exciting features of ModusToolbox 2.1 here: Available Now - ModusToolbox 2.1

Regarding your query, can you please let us know the source of your CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB Kit?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Providing a link to the other thread in which the query was handled - No BSP for CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB Kit in ModusToolbox 2.1

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes