How to change starting address of program in PSoC 61?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

I’d like to move the vector table away from the default starting address.
When the vector table is relocated, the debugger can’t figure out where to start.

Is something hard-coded in the debugger to point to a specific code starting address?

If starting address is not hard-coded, where is it specified?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

Apologies for the delay in response,

Can you please let me know which version of ModusToolbox you are using? From ModusToolbox 2.0 and above, we provide CM0p as a pre-built image and recommend all firmware development to be done on the CM4 CPU. However, we do offer some starter templates for dual-cpu usage which you can find here.

Regarding your question on how you can change the size of CM4, you can refer to the Section "Customizing Linker Scripts" in the following AN: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an215656-psoc-6-mcu-dual-cpu-system-design

Please refer to  thread for more information.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

Apologies for the delay in response,

Can you please let me know which version of ModusToolbox you are using? From ModusToolbox 2.0 and above, we provide CM0p as a pre-built image and recommend all firmware development to be done on the CM4 CPU. However, we do offer some starter templates for dual-cpu usage which you can find here.

Regarding your question on how you can change the size of CM4, you can refer to the Section "Customizing Linker Scripts" in the following AN: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an215656-psoc-6-mcu-dual-cpu-system-design

Please refer to  thread for more information.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Gautami,

Do you have any templates for single-cpu usage? I ONLY have access to the CM4.

I apologize for not clarifying, this issue is related to the PSoC 61 with Single Core access: PSoC61x4 and PSoC61x7 do NOT allow CM0+ access. 

The issue is present using ModusToolbox2.4

The "thread" link above for more information, leads to a GitHub example project to change the CM0+ image. In the case I'm interested, in PSoC61x4 and PSoC61x7, the CM0+ is NOT accessible. Is it possible to change the CM0+ image in a PSoC61x4 or PSoC61x7? 

Greg

0 Likes
ScottKerstein
Employee
Employee
5 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

Greg,

The codes examples in MTB 2.4 utilize the CM4 only this includes "Empty_app" in the getting started templates.  Some of the BSP templates will include a "Dual-CPU Empty PSoC6 App" to be used for dual-core applications.  Notice there is starter code in the CM0 main.c which wakes up the CM4 and puts the CM0 into deep sleep afterwards.  This is the same code that is hard coded in PSoC 61 to perform the same function.

0 Likes