We need to add another I2S component.
So I followed the KBA229971
And I could manage to generate an I2S v2.70 in UDB
But as I don't want to corrupt this project, I duplicated the project using Copy and Paste
Then I tried to rename the project something else
After the project was renamed, the symbol of I2S component does not seem to be happy.
I think that probably I missed something in the KBA or some additional protection/modification is required for the component.
Could someone teach us how to avoid or fix this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Since the project contains additional components like the UDB Based I2S, when you copy and paste the project, you would have received the following prompt:
Please click "Yes". The component should work correctly without any problems. Let me know your observations
Thank you very much for your answer.
I have tried the following to confirm the result.
(1) Started the previous project
Note: This symbol was corrupted in my previous post, but somehow it recovered...
(2) I copied the project
(3) I pasted the project
(4) Here, the dialog window you mentioned appeared.
I answered "Yes"
(5) The project was duplicated OK.
(6) I renamed the project
(7) Now I get the symbol corrupted.
(8) In my previous trials, I removed the corrupted project(s) to avoid corrupting other projects and the workspace.
But this time I quitted PSoC Creator at this point.
Then I got dialog asking if modified files should be saved.
I selected "Yes"
(9) I restarted PSoC Creator with same workspace and got the following dialog
I selected "Yes"
(10) Now the symbol which seemed to be corrupted at the step (7) seems to be OK.
So, my current conclusion is that after renaming the project,
(9) type dialog must be presented and some internal process needs to be done.
which does not take place automatically while I keep PSoC Creator running,
but by restarting PSoC Creator, that dialog (and/or the service) will be invoked.
This is not very elegant, but as far as with this knowledge/work around IMHO, this is acceptable.
It would be nice, if the dialog also will be invoked when project renaming takes place, though.
Or, I wonder if there is a way to explicitly start that dialog from PSoC Creator?
Since the first response could be misleading,
I marked the last response as Correct Answer
so that others will read the whole story.