How can I assign ECO clock to GPIO port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeTS_3297816
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello everybody.

I want to tune the ECO clock for PSOC6 board I'm developing.

In the section 4 "Crystal Tuning Technique for ECO" in the document "PSoC/PRoC BLE Crystal Oscillator Selection and Tuning Techniques",  the description as below can be seen.

"For tuning, the ECO clock is routed out of the chip to a GPIO to measure the clock accuracy."

So, I'm going to output the ECO clock signal to GPIO for checking and tuning the ECO clock frequency. But I have no idea to output ECO clock to GPIO pin.

For PSoC4, it can be seen in section 4.1.2 (maybe in the code 1).

I want to know how can I assign the ECO output to GPIO for PSoC6. I couldn't find the method for PSoC6  in Modus Toolbox 2.2. Please let me know how to.

Thank you for reading.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

If you can't use the HFCLK[4], you might try to use HFCLK[1]. This drives the audio subsystem. You will not be able to drive the ECO directly to the output pin, but you could use the PDM/PCM block. This block generates a clock based on HFCLK[1]. It will divide the clock though. It drives  the clock signal through P10[4] or P12[4].

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @KeTS_3297816 

You can refer to the following KBA: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Route-Internal-Clock-Out-to-a-Pin-in-PSoC-... that mentions how to route the internal clock out to a pin.

In your case, you need to use ECO as the source of the input clock (instead of WCO as mentioned in the KBA). 

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

My system uses P0[0] as WCO input and P0[5] as PMIC Wakeup Output.

I think these pins have no alternative pin, so neither P0[0] or P0[5] pin can't assign to the clock output CLK_HF4 External pin.

I didn't mention the above situation before, sorry.

Is there any other substitution?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Sorry,

MCU is CY8C6347FMI-BUD53.

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

If you can't use the HFCLK[4], you might try to use HFCLK[1]. This drives the audio subsystem. You will not be able to drive the ECO directly to the output pin, but you could use the PDM/PCM block. This block generates a clock based on HFCLK[1]. It will divide the clock though. It drives  the clock signal through P10[4] or P12[4].

0 Likes

I don't use P12[4], and I can adopt the method you proposed above. I'll try that.

Thank you.

0 Likes