How can 2nd firmware image be written to PSoC 61 without over-writing the first?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

How can I modify only a specified section of Flash during development?
I would like to be able to program a 2nd firmware image in a location offset from an existing firmware image on a PSoC 61 such that I can test modifications to the 2nd firmware without affecting the first.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

We are releasing a code example for the same, it will be available publicly. I have shared a pre-final version code here, which allows you to switch between 2 applications with a press of a button.

Thanks and regards

Sobhit

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Greg,

Theoretically what you're asking to do is what a bootloader does that has a dual (or triple) personality.  Many of the KitProg versions support multiple personalities.

I'm not your best source for implementing this feature.  Hopefully someone else can weight in.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

We are releasing a code example for the same, it will be available publicly. I have shared a pre-final version code here, which allows you to switch between 2 applications with a press of a button.

Thanks and regards

Sobhit