Help with psoc 6 wifi-bt pioneer kit and wiced studio 4.4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Soram
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Actually i tried flashing the sample snip code of snip.gpio to my target board which is CY8CKIT_062 but it is not able to flash and display some errors which i could not understand since im new to this field so kindly help anybody...

the error output in the console goes like this:

Downloading Bootloader ...
Building apps lookup table
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading DCT ...
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading resources filesystem ... build/snip.gpio-CY8CKIT_062/filesystem.bin at sector 1 size 104...
tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk:335: recipe for target 'FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD' failed
make.exe[1]: *** [FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD] Error 1
Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed
make: *** [main_app] Error 2

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Soram,

I missed the Wiced version that you had provided. We do not support Wiced Studio 4.4.2, please upgrade to the latest version of Wiced Studio.

To provide more clarification on my previous response, in the latest version of Wiced Studio (6.6), the platform files have been removed as we would like you to use ModusToolbox for PSoC 6 development. If you want to use Wiced 6.6, please import the platform files from the previous version of Wiced Studio.

Also, please ensure that the KitProg version is KitProg2 and it is in CMSIS DAPLink mode. Please refer to KitProg2 User Guide for details regarding the KitProg2 modes.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @Soram

Programming PSoC 6 is not supported in Wiced Studio. Can you please try using ModusToolbox to program the PSoC 6 device?

Please let us know if you need any help with the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Soram
Employee
Employee

okk in mtb it is working fine just checking out if it works in wiced studio by the way thanks...

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @Soram,

I missed the Wiced version that you had provided. We do not support Wiced Studio 4.4.2, please upgrade to the latest version of Wiced Studio.

To provide more clarification on my previous response, in the latest version of Wiced Studio (6.6), the platform files have been removed as we would like you to use ModusToolbox for PSoC 6 development. If you want to use Wiced 6.6, please import the platform files from the previous version of Wiced Studio.

Also, please ensure that the KitProg version is KitProg2 and it is in CMSIS DAPLink mode. Please refer to KitProg2 User Guide for details regarding the KitProg2 modes.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Soram
Employee
Employee

thanks @Rakshith  actually mine is wiced studio 5.0.0.1 and now im able to flash the snip gpio code by switching to kitprog2 and enabling CMSIS DAPLink mode.