Given Target Method (6) is Not Supported on PSoC Programmer v3.28.7 with PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeBl_4528851
Level 2
Level 2
First like received Welcome!

I am trying to program the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit using the KitProg from a CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP Kit. The Kitprog has been separated from the PSoC 5LP stick. I am not using the WIFI-BT Kit's own Kitprog.

I am able to program the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT successfully with a MiniProg4.

When trying to connect with the 5LP KitProg (v2.21), I receive the error "Given Target Method (6) is not supported!"

This error is not in the help manual.

• What does it mean?
  • What is "Target Method (6)?"
0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi BeBl_4528851​,

KitProg does not support PSoC 6 programming. You will need a KitProg3. Please refer to KitProg User Guide for the list of devices that it supports. You can also find the snapshot of the table below -

pastedImage_0.png

If avaiable, can you please try programming the device with KitProg3 and let me know if that works? You can refer the KitProg3 User Guide for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi BeBl_4528851​,

KitProg does not support PSoC 6 programming. You will need a KitProg3. Please refer to KitProg User Guide for the list of devices that it supports. You can also find the snapshot of the table below -

pastedImage_0.png

If avaiable, can you please try programming the device with KitProg3 and let me know if that works? You can refer the KitProg3 User Guide for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thank you. I can successfully program with a KitProg3.

This error arose when working on porting HSSP code, at an interim step.

0 Likes