Getting Run Time stats from FreeRTOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Shridatha08
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

I'm running two tasks on PSoC6 Wifi BT Pionner kit, using FreeRTOS and I would like to get the run time statistics of the tasks  and print on the UART terminal.  

1. Stack Usage
  2. Task State
  3. Priority
  4. Abs Time (absolute time)

This is the total 'time' that the task has actually been executing (the total time that the task has been in the Running state). It is up to the user to select a suitable time base for their application

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Shridatha08 ,

Can you please let me know how or what is supposed to give this statistical data?
Do you require your firmware to run an additional task (apart from the 2 you already have) to monitor the state/statistics of the other tasks?

You usually have analyzer tools for this like the SEGGER SystemView tool to monitor the state of tasks etc. Have you looked into the same?

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Shridatha08,

The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Gautami J
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
An Infineon Technologies Company

0 Likes