GAP interface BLE CYBLE 416045-02

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
antoine30
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I would like to program the GAP interface of the BLE CYBLE 416045-02, Where could i get documentation and examples?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

In the GUI, Goto the GAP Settings-> Security configuration and you have to set the security levels and I/O capabilities accordingly to use the passkey method. Passkey will work if the local device has IO capability as display and peer device's IO capability is keyboard. Please refer to the attached sample project which uses the passkey entry and bonding.
You can use the Cy_BLE_GAP_FixAuthPassKey() API for setting a fixed passkey to be used during authenticated pairing procedure.

For more information, please refer to the BLE Middleware library documentation(Right click on BLE Component -> Open PDL Documentation).

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello, 

Please refer to the Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity on PSoC Creator Appnote.

For getting started with PSoC6 BLE example project, please refer to the PSoC6BLE_FindMe code example in PSoC Creator. 

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes

Thank you

Next step for me is:

configure the module as peripheral (done in GAP)

peripheral generates the passkey (not done). This has to be done in GAP interface but i couldn't see the option in the GUI. So one option is to do manually in the stack by writting this specific flag. How to do this? Where could i get full documentation of the stack?

3 Extract the passkey from the stack.

Thank you

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar

Hello,

In the GUI, Goto the GAP Settings-> Security configuration and you have to set the security levels and I/O capabilities accordingly to use the passkey method. Passkey will work if the local device has IO capability as display and peer device's IO capability is keyboard. Please refer to the attached sample project which uses the passkey entry and bonding.
You can use the Cy_BLE_GAP_FixAuthPassKey() API for setting a fixed passkey to be used during authenticated pairing procedure.

For more information, please refer to the BLE Middleware library documentation(Right click on BLE Component -> Open PDL Documentation).

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi Yugandhar

Thank you for this respond. Where could i download the BLE Middleware library?

Many thanks

Antoine

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello, 

In PSoC Creator, Goto TopDesign-> BLE Component-> Right click to open the PDL documentation or you can check from this link.

Thanks, 

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes