Flash protection question.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
docn_292601
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

For PSoC6, Is there a way to protect flash from reading via DAP, and i can reprogram or erase the chip at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @docn_292601 ,

It is recommended to use the Secure Lifecycle mode to disable the DAP to prevent any read/write access to the flash. Please see section Device Security in the Architecture TRM to more understand more about the security features.

However, to answer your question, I believe you should be able to define Protection Units to protect the regions of flash from being read by the DAP and allow only write permissions. Please see Section Protection Units to understand more about it. 

See this Blog on Protection Units to understand how you can implement them. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @docn_292601 ,

Can you please let me know which PSoC6 device you are referring to here? 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

PSoC63BLE

0 Likes

Hello @docn_292601 ,

It is recommended to use the Secure Lifecycle mode to disable the DAP to prevent any read/write access to the flash. Please see section Device Security in the Architecture TRM to more understand more about the security features.

However, to answer your question, I believe you should be able to define Protection Units to protect the regions of flash from being read by the DAP and allow only write permissions. Please see Section Protection Units to understand more about it. 

See this Blog on Protection Units to understand how you can implement them. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes