Fast switching of ADC and GPIO pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoachimGeelen
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!
Hi, I'm using the PSoC 6 CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and i'm trying to measure a 4 wire resistive touchscreen. Because of how a 4 wire resistive touchscreen works the connections to certain pins change depending on if you want to read out in the x or y axis. I'm using the data for a (PID) control loop so I was hoping to get a sub 1ms readout time. Is this possible and if so how should I configure the GPIO and ADC pins? Thanks in advance! OS: Win10 ModusToolbox 3.1 PSoC 6 CY8CPROTO-062-4343W
0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @JoachimGeelen ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Sobhit Panda
Infineon Technologies

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PandaS

Hi @JoachimGeelen ,

To interface a 4-wire touchscreen with PSoC6, you need to use ADC channels for X and Y coordinates. Connect the touchscreen's X+,X-,Y+,Y- to appropriate pins and follow the touch detection algorithm as per the datasheet of touchscreen.

To optimize for  speed: You could use hardware triggers/continuous conversion modes, use of interrupts rather than polling to handle ADC Conversions, set the clock frequency to maximum permissible limit(36MHz). 

Could you please elaborate on the switching part?

Thanks and regards,

Sobhit

0 Likes
PandaS

Hi @JoachimGeelen ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Sobhit Panda
Infineon Technologies

0 Likes