Fan control for PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoAh_3980061
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello all, I am using PSoC-6 (CY8C6347BZI-BLD33) and need to control a DC fan. Is there a component for that? if not, any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
ninad_w
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @MoAh_3980061 ,

Infineon provides broad varieties of motor control solutions depending upon what kind of motor and application you are using. To run a DC fan (DC motor) you will need motor control boards along with PSoC 6. 

Infineon’s MOTIX™ DC Motor System IC is the world's first IC to combine DC motor control with supply functionalities such as power supply, CAN FD & LIN.

Please refer to the following link for selection of DC motor IC to control your DC fan.

MOTIX™ | DC Motor System ICs

You can look into these DC boards for your quick prototyping according to your interfacing with the microcontroller and application.

Could you please mention what are the electrical specifications of DC fan?

Kindly let me know if further assistance is needed. 

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ninad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ninad_w
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @MoAh_3980061 ,

Infineon provides broad varieties of motor control solutions depending upon what kind of motor and application you are using. To run a DC fan (DC motor) you will need motor control boards along with PSoC 6. 

Infineon’s MOTIX™ DC Motor System IC is the world's first IC to combine DC motor control with supply functionalities such as power supply, CAN FD & LIN.

Please refer to the following link for selection of DC motor IC to control your DC fan.

MOTIX™ | DC Motor System ICs

You can look into these DC boards for your quick prototyping according to your interfacing with the microcontroller and application.

Could you please mention what are the electrical specifications of DC fan?

Kindly let me know if further assistance is needed. 

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ninad

0 Likes