Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Nirmith
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi 

I need to know can we bootup the MCU using external memory for booting up the system. If yes can you suggest me a part compatible with CYB0644ABZI-S2D44 for bootloader as the on chip bootloader is having less space so we need to add external bootloader memory. 

So can you help me out with it.

Regards 

Nirmith

0 Likes
1 Solution
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @Nirmith :

The Boot Image is the application code that executes. The Upgrade Image is where the code upgrade is stored before it is copied to the Boot Image. Code cannot execute in the Secondary Slot.

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Qi_Colin

Hi @Nirmith :

According to the Policy and Configuration Limitations of Secure Boot, only upgrade (Secondary Slot) may reside in external memory (SMIF-based). The boot (Primary Slot) must reside in internal flash.

You can find the details on page 43.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes

Hi @Qi_Colin 

Thanks for replying. So as you said we can internally extend the Flash for booting or can we add an external source for extending the flash.

Regards 

Nirmith

0 Likes
Qi_Colin

Hi @Nirmith :

The Boot Image is the application code that executes. The Upgrade Image is where the code upgrade is stored before it is copied to the Boot Image. Code cannot execute in the Secondary Slot.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes