Example code required for CY8C6245LQI-S3D42 DFU with USB CDC for Application as well as for boot loader.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MSS
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given 50 sign-ins 10 replies posted

hi,

For our custom board using following chip CY8C6245LQI-S3D42, I have following requirement.

1) USB CDC based DFU.

2) The application should also have a USB CDC.

3) I want a utility  to send the updated  cyacd file from a arm based linux platform to DFU.

Do you have any working example or any process to create it.

Regards,

Madhav

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @MSS 

If you are using Modustoolbox 2.4 then you can follow the steps given in the DFU Middleware to create a bootloader and bootloadable project. By default, the description is for I2C. You can refer to the Firmware upgrade over USB section to use USB instead.

Ekta_0-1676532070727.png

We also have a DFU basic code example in MTB 3.0 that supports the USB_CDC. To change the DFU transport, edit the Makefile to set TRANSPORT_OPT?=USB_CDC

You can create the USB CDC based bootloadable project by editing the blinky application in your project to add the USB function

Do let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @MSS 

If you are using Modustoolbox 2.4 then you can follow the steps given in the DFU Middleware to create a bootloader and bootloadable project. By default, the description is for I2C. You can refer to the Firmware upgrade over USB section to use USB instead.

Ekta_0-1676532070727.png

We also have a DFU basic code example in MTB 3.0 that supports the USB_CDC. To change the DFU transport, edit the Makefile to set TRANSPORT_OPT?=USB_CDC

You can create the USB CDC based bootloadable project by editing the blinky application in your project to add the USB function

Do let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
MSS
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given 50 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Thanks for input,

@Ekta 

I have DFU working in example. On CM4 I am trying to set up usb cdc and it stops at usbstart function.

I copied the code from usb cdc echo.

I don't know how to debug this as its from app and unable to debug.

I just know the app working only if I see other thread toggling led .

Any help will be appreciable.

I am using modus 3.0, Do you think using 2.4 will help?

MSS_1-1679514837151.png

0 Likes