Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

Vivek_DiehlCont
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First like given
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Capsense Tuner with PSoC 6 using UART. First I used the evaluation board to test. It worked fine on evaluation board using Kitprog as USB to UART convertor.

But it is not working with FTDI chip and I am always getting connection to COM Port failed.error.jpg

Vivek_DiehlCont_0-1657198205840.png      

Is it the problem of tool ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlenAn14
Moderator 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @Vivek_DiehlCont ,

Can you please let me know the UART SCB block you have initialized for communication with capsense Tuner?
You should make sure that you have connected the FTDI USB to UART converter pins to the UART pins initialized for capsense tuner.

Can you also make sure that your FTDI converter is working as expected by connecting the tx and rx pin together and checking if there is readback happening over a terminal like tera term or putty when you press any key on your keyboard?

Can you also please let me know the PSoC evaluation Kit you are using?

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes
AlenAn14
Moderator 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @Vivek_DiehlCont ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes