Error in pSoC Programmer window

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TuqueroIMKJerna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Error in pSoC Programmer window: fail to aquire board. Make sure connection or settings are correct.

Verified footprint. Verified symbol. Verified connections between board and mini prog4. Unloaded one component at a time and tried to program.

Checked board for shorts. Probed all lines from programmer and nothing stood out. Checked a bare board and did continuity check. Visually inspected assembled board. Verified settings. Powering board from bench power supply.

Last idea that I'll try this evening is to dead bug the bga cypress chip and break out the programming lines, VDD and GND and see if I can't program/aquire the chip when connected directly to it.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Have you checked the Application Note  (PSoC 6 MCU Hardware Design Considerations)?

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN218241_PSoC_6_MCU_Hardware_Design_Considerations-Applicatio...

Meantime, reading your description, my best bet is you may have connected VCCD to VDDD.

(For this please check the page 5 Figure 2. Power System Connections)

And I'm missing the point totally, I'm very sorry for that.

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Have you checked the Application Note  (PSoC 6 MCU Hardware Design Considerations)?

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN218241_PSoC_6_MCU_Hardware_Design_Considerations-Applicatio...

Meantime, reading your description, my best bet is you may have connected VCCD to VDDD.

(For this please check the page 5 Figure 2. Power System Connections)

And I'm missing the point totally, I'm very sorry for that.

moto

0 Likes
TuqueroIMKJerna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

It is honestly very cool, I'm making a VM to try to port a project from a PSoC 5LP to a PSoC 6. The graphical tools are honestly amazing, the snippets and autocompletion work fine and it's very integrated overall. But I won't be using windows for development anytime soon so it's quite sad to see it stuck on it and a very old version of .net

The new IDE (just eclipse basically) has the cool thing of using usual CLI tools to work with some extras and the experience is quite good from what i've been able to see as I can avoid using the entire eclipse IDE and stick to the CLI, but it's not even close to what omegle Creator does

0 Likes