Error debugging PSoC63 "secure boot" with MiniProg4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NovoNate
Level 3
Level 3
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

We are working on a project that is using the "secure boot" functionality as discussed in https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6-SDK/Error-creating-Secure-Boot-application-for-PSoC-63/td-p.... One thing that i started observing with those changes was that I'm getting an error when trying to launch a debug session on either the "bootloader" or the "main application" image in the Eclipse IDE that is part of ModusToolbox v2.3.1.

Below is the details that are displayed in the error for debugging the bootloader app. The text is the same for the application image (other than path to the .hex file):

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
load C:/Develop/git/best/best-fw/cm0p_bootloader/build/FF2/Debug/cm0p_bootloader.hex
Error message from debugger back end:
Load failed
Failed to execute MI command:
load C:/Develop/git/best/best-fw/cm0p_bootloader/build/FF2/Debug/cm0p_bootloader.hex
Error message from debugger back end:
Load failed
Load failed

As a test I also tried using ModusToolbox v2.4 on a different development machine and I am seeing the same error.

Thanks in advance,

Nate

0 Likes
5 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @NovoNate ,

Can you please check if the normal sequence is ok, as in not debugging but flashing the code and checking an output on the serial window.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG ,

Programming via the Eclipse IDE is working without any issues. It also appears that using the `attach` launch config is connecting to the debug port on the hardware and functioning correctly.

I am not sure what you mean by "checking an output on the serial window" but I am seeing the expected messages on the UART after i re-program either the "boot loader" application which is running on the CM0+ or the "main" application which is running on the CM4.

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @NovoNate ,

Yes, I asked you to check the output on the UART terminal if that works at your end.

Can you let us know if you are still facing the above mentioned errors?

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Yes, i am still seeing the error that i listed in the first post when trying to use the "debug" launch configuration. The "program" launch configuration correctly programs the flash on the device and i see the text that my application outputs over a UART channel correctly. After using the "program" launch configuration to update the device using the "attach" launch configuration to connect to the program when it is already running seems to work.

Can you provide any more info about what could be causing the error when using the "debug" configuration?

0 Likes
NovoNate
Level 3
Level 3
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi@Alakananda_BG ,

I was wondering if you had any more suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or resolve this?

0 Likes