Error: dbg.M0015 with PSoC Creator 4.2 and CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
andec_1014276
Level 1
Level 1

As a new user of Cypress MCUs and tools, I am attempting to work through the CE221773 basic Hello World example.  I am able to build the project, program the MCU and enter debug without problem.  As soon as the dev kit Reset switch (SW1) is pressed I get the following error:

pastedImage_1.png

Output window

The target program has stopped at: file: main_cm4.c line: 98 function: main address: 0x10080464

Continuing target program

=thread-group-exited,id="i1"

Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)

Debug settings for the design:

pastedImage_2.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Pressing hardware reset when the debugger is running will cause the target to be disconnected because all the registers, stack pointer, program pointer etc. get reset. If you want the debugging session to restart please click on the symbol as shown below:

debug_marked.png

For the application to run, pressing the reset is not necessary after programming. It automatically runs once programming is done.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Pressing hardware reset when the debugger is running will cause the target to be disconnected because all the registers, stack pointer, program pointer etc. get reset. If you want the debugging session to restart please click on the symbol as shown below:

debug_marked.png

For the application to run, pressing the reset is not necessary after programming. It automatically runs once programming is done.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes