Documentation on PSoC6 TOC2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lhoag972
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received 5 sign-ins

Is there any documentation on the Table of Contents2 (TOC2) beyond what is in "AN221111 PSoC 6 MCU designing a custom secured system"?  I'm specifically interested in how userKeyAddr is used.  userKeyAddr should point to a 1k block of flash that has space for 4 keys, but I can't find anything on what these keys are.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pushyanth_K
100 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 50 replies posted
Hi @lhoag972 ,

userKeyAddr is pointer to array of user keys. You can initialize this section for storing AES/DES/TDES keys for encrypting/decrypting the data for your applications, It is optional, if you don't have any need for using keys, you can set them to zero. For more information on how to configure TOC2 refer: mtb-example-psoc6-security 
This code example is a companion to the AN221111 application Note.

Thanks and Regards,
Pushyanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pushyanth_K
Hi @lhoag972 ,

userKeyAddr is pointer to array of user keys. You can initialize this section for storing AES/DES/TDES keys for encrypting/decrypting the data for your applications, It is optional, if you don't have any need for using keys, you can set them to zero. For more information on how to configure TOC2 refer: mtb-example-psoc6-security 
This code example is a companion to the AN221111 application Note.

Thanks and Regards,
Pushyanth
0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Hi @lhoag972 ,

Please let us know if your query was resolved.

We will lock the thread in 3 days.

If your problem is not resolved, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help. 

Regards,

Pushyanth

0 Likes
lhoag972
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received 5 sign-ins

Hi Pushyanth,

My problem is resolved.  I was trying to set the value to 0 so that I didn't need to point to anything.  I wasn't sure if the ROM/SFLASH code was looking at the value.  My problem was that when I set the pointer to 0 the linker was doing something wonky for some reason and not properly aligning the vector table in memory (following the application header).  When I had CySecureKeyStorage in used in the code the linker was putting the vector table at a good offset.  If I tool CySecureKeyStorage out, the linker was putting the vector table at a bad address.  In the DFU link control file __Vectors had a . = ALIGN(4) statement.  I changed this to . = ALIGN(256) an the problem went away.  I'll just leave the ALIGN(256) as the fix.

Lenny

0 Likes