DP initialization failed when setting MUX_PATH2 to the ExtOsc?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi all,

I'm testing a custom board for the first time and I'm adding components as I test . I have a crystal and caps for the ECO and this works. A couple of LEDs connected to P8.2 and P8.3 blink according to my code. I also have a crystal and caps for the WCO but I haven't tested the WCO. I added an external oscillator (ExtOsc) to pin P0.5 and I discover that its trace is too close to the WCO crystal. If the WCO is enabled nothing works. So while testing I disabled the WCO and the ExtOsc almost worked. I started by setting all the MUXs (in the system tab in device configurator, modustoolbox latest version) to ExtOsc but I got this error after programming: DP initialization failed. After a few minutes of testing I found that I get this error if I set MUX_PATH2 to ExtOsc. If I set all MUXs to ExtOsc (except MUX_PATH2. MUX_PATH2 set to ECO) I don't get the error and the LEDs blink. MUX_PATH2 goes to one of the PLLs and there are more settings there that I haven't changed. Is this a setting problem in the PLL connected to MUX_PATH2? I don't even know what the error means. How do I fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4

I found the problem. The input pin (P0.5) drive mode was set to analog  something something. The documentation says it should be set to digital something something. I'm not sure if I changed it or if the pin doesn't get assign the correct drive mode after selecting the ext. osc. Anyway, the problem is gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @Rodo ,

I tried setting all the MUXs to EXTCLK as Source, and I didn't get any errors. Could you please share your settings in device configurator or your stripped version of the project with only minimal details related to the issue.

PandaS_0-1663001380287.png

Here is a screenshot of my device configurator. The build was successful even id all PATH_MUXs were set as EXTCLK for clock source.
Thanks and regards

Sobhit

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4

Here are a couple of screen capture of the device configurators. There isn't much code. Just a few instructions to blink the LEDs and a delay.

0 Likes
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4

I found the problem. The input pin (P0.5) drive mode was set to analog  something something. The documentation says it should be set to digital something something. I'm not sure if I changed it or if the pin doesn't get assign the correct drive mode after selecting the ext. osc. Anyway, the problem is gone.

0 Likes