Cysmart for window is running slow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaWa_4152831
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

OS WINDOWS 10

IDE PSoC creator 4.2

using CYSMART 1.3 for windows PC

MCU CYBLE-416045-02

it take a long time for the ble device to connect ot the cysmart app when I discover attributes it also takes a long time. It used to take only a few seconds

I am not sure which settings I have in cysmart or if the issue is in my ble component in PSoC creator 4.2

what are the proper settings for CYSMART?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please do the following steps and check once.

1. Reprogram the CySmart dongle with the hex file present in the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.3\dongle\CY5677". Or you can use the hex file i.e. attached in this thread.

2. Go to CySmart 1.3 application, Select Dongle and Configure Master settings--> Connection parameters and seclect the Maximum and Minimum connection interval as 10 milli seconds and 7.5 milli seconds respectively.

3. For faster discovery of peripheral devices, please change the Scan Interval and Scan window as 10 milli seconds. This is present in Configure Master settings--> Scan parameters tab. You can also refer CySmart user guide from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/198616/download

4. Also at your server side, please change the preferred connection interval parameters as 7.5 milli seconds and 10 milli seconds (maximum and minimum).

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please do the following steps and check once.

1. Reprogram the CySmart dongle with the hex file present in the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.3\dongle\CY5677". Or you can use the hex file i.e. attached in this thread.

2. Go to CySmart 1.3 application, Select Dongle and Configure Master settings--> Connection parameters and seclect the Maximum and Minimum connection interval as 10 milli seconds and 7.5 milli seconds respectively.

3. For faster discovery of peripheral devices, please change the Scan Interval and Scan window as 10 milli seconds. This is present in Configure Master settings--> Scan parameters tab. You can also refer CySmart user guide from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/198616/download

4. Also at your server side, please change the preferred connection interval parameters as 7.5 milli seconds and 10 milli seconds (maximum and minimum).

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes