Crypto block sleep operation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I am using the crypto module in non-blocking mode. Is the crypto block able to operate during sleep/deepsleep? Or should we never sleep until the Crypto Server has completed its tasks? I haven't found this info in the PDL.

Thanks,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Fred,

I am currently researching the Crypto Server and its ability to operate while in sleep or deepsleep.

In general, to get to the ultra low power modes, the CPU turns off power to internal functional blocks.  If the Crypto Server is still processing when the CPU is trying to go to (deep)sleep, the logic states flipping will cause the current consumption to go higher.

Len

Still researching ...

I found this link:  Available Resources in Different Power Modes in PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 - KBA229035

It doesn't specify the Crypto block directly however look the row listed "High-Speed Clock (IMO, ECO, PLL, FLL)"  If the Crypto block is clocked from one of these sources then if the mode indicates "OFF" then the Crypto block is at best halted or at worst the registers are dead if the power is removed.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Fred,

I am currently researching the Crypto Server and its ability to operate while in sleep or deepsleep.

In general, to get to the ultra low power modes, the CPU turns off power to internal functional blocks.  If the Crypto Server is still processing when the CPU is trying to go to (deep)sleep, the logic states flipping will cause the current consumption to go higher.

Len

Still researching ...

I found this link:  Available Resources in Different Power Modes in PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 - KBA229035

It doesn't specify the Crypto block directly however look the row listed "High-Speed Clock (IMO, ECO, PLL, FLL)"  If the Crypto block is clocked from one of these sources then if the mode indicates "OFF" then the Crypto block is at best halted or at worst the registers are dead if the power is removed.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

Thank you, LePo, very informative answer.

0 Likes