Could not determine GDB version after sending: /home/user/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response:

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi everyone. I have the following issue. I just installed the new version of IDE Modus Toolbox in 2.4.
After going through the entire installation procedure on my Linux Manjaro machine.

My sample applications compile fine, but when I do Debug or Program it throws the following error and does not allow me to program my PSoC6.

Could not determine GDB version after sending: /home/user/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response:

ModusToolbox_error.png

I want to emphasize that I had previously installed the Modus Toolbox 2.3 version and it was working fine

Can you guide me to solve this problem, please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please check that if you installed multiple GDBs? MTB should use the built-in GDB only.

Or how were the debug settings in MTB configured? Is there anything blocking the MTB?

You could uninstall and reinstall ModusToolbox. And install MTB 2.4 only. Then refer to the following link for debug settings (just for reference):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38591704/eclipse-error-while-launching-command-gdb-version

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

At the moment I have been able to compile and program my Boards through the CLI terminal.
I am currently using the CY8CKIT-062S2-43012
So I use the terminal included ModusShell

From the terminal, execute the `make program` command to build and program the application using the default toolchain to the default target.

make program TARGET = CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 TOOLCHAIN = GCC_ARM

terminal.png

Although this partially solves my problem, I would like it to work as it is in version 2.3.

If any of you can provide any help, it will be welcome

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Hi,

Which kit and demo were you using?

You can firstly reboot your computer / kill all the previous GDB processes to ensure MTB communicates with GDB successfully.

If the problem still exists, you can refer to the following link to find out what's happening:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39831575/could-not-determine-gdb-version-after-sending-arm-none-...

Best regards

0 Likes

I am using kit CY8CKIT-062S2-43012

I made the recommendations that you indicated and also followed the link on Stack Overflow.
And as you can see in the images I have the ncurses libraries installed on my system ...

ncurses.png

I think it must be something related to the IDE ModusToolbox, because in the CLI if it is working ok

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Please check that if you installed multiple GDBs? MTB should use the built-in GDB only.

Or how were the debug settings in MTB configured? Is there anything blocking the MTB?

You could uninstall and reinstall ModusToolbox. And install MTB 2.4 only. Then refer to the following link for debug settings (just for reference):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38591704/eclipse-error-while-launching-command-gdb-version

Best regards

0 Likes