Corruption and Error in DEAD State

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In PSoC 6 TRM, there is description below;

"A device will enter the DEAD protection state when a corruption/error is detected in the boot process."

1. How PSoC6 check the corruption and error?

2. When the corruption and error happen?

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

During the boot process, PSoC checks the integrity of its flash boot code. In addition, if secure modes are enabled, PSoC also verifies the application code integrity against the authentication code values stored in eFuse. If any of these integrity checks fail, the device enters the DEAD protection state with additional restrictions placed on access to system resources to shield secure/sensitive information, based on how the DEAD mode access restrictions are configured in eFuse.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

During the boot process, PSoC checks the integrity of its flash boot code. In addition, if secure modes are enabled, PSoC also verifies the application code integrity against the authentication code values stored in eFuse. If any of these integrity checks fail, the device enters the DEAD protection state with additional restrictions placed on access to system resources to shield secure/sensitive information, based on how the DEAD mode access restrictions are configured in eFuse.

Regards

Nidhin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Nidhin,

Thanks.

What part of eFuse is the authentication code value?

Is it Secure Hash and Hash Zero?

Before I run PSoC with Secure mode, I think we have to make any code to verify the integrity with other than user FW code coded by Creator and to add it to the FW.

However, in a case of that PSoC exchange Normal mode to Secure mode, PSoC is just programmed eFuse register by Programmer with 2.5v and at mass production. Therefore, I think we do not add any code for the integrity.

What of application code dose PSoC compare with the authentication code value of eFuse?

Best regards,

0 Likes