Controlling CCG3 in Modustoolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaryLim
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked First like received 10 replies posted

I am using the CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT Pioneer kit which comes with the CCG3 Type-C controller. By default, the Type-C connection acts as a PD power source.

I would like to know how to control CCG3 controller using Modustoolbox. To be more specific, I would like to have some reference source code that is able to control the CCG3 as and when it will supply power to another PD device.

Can you show me any reference code, library or HAL that communicate with the CCG3 controller in Modustoolbox environment?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

The cypress EZ-PD CCG3 power delivery system is included in the  Pioneer board . The EZ-PD CCG3 is
pre-programmed and can deliver power from a Type-C port. This is how it is expected to be used. See the corresponding section in kit userguide to see more features.

Meanwhile regarding your question, there is no support for CCG3 device from MTB as of now. Newer PMG1 devices have support, which you can check out. As of now there is no plan to support CCG3 devices too. You may have to use PSoC Creator for CCG3 devices.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

The cypress EZ-PD CCG3 power delivery system is included in the  Pioneer board . The EZ-PD CCG3 is
pre-programmed and can deliver power from a Type-C port. This is how it is expected to be used. See the corresponding section in kit userguide to see more features.

Meanwhile regarding your question, there is no support for CCG3 device from MTB as of now. Newer PMG1 devices have support, which you can check out. As of now there is no plan to support CCG3 devices too. You may have to use PSoC Creator for CCG3 devices.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes