Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dom_Jen00
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am trying to establish a BLE connection on a custom PSoC 6 microcontroller board. I am using a BLE example project that was adapted to my board. The layout includes the two crystal oscillators ECO and WCO for BLE. The programme is executed until the function Cy_BLE_Start(), afterwards the system is frozen. It seems that the BLE startup does not work. The ECO and the WCO clk were activated in the settings (see figure). Can anyone help me?

Dom_Jen00_0-1691055647760.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @Dom_Jen00 

I had the following input regarding the ECO settings:

1. Load cap will depend on the crystal used.
2. Startup time of 1500us is recommended only.
3. All our internal radio validation is done with a divider value of 2.
4. Documentation says that the ECO clock frequency must be adjusted to be accurate within ± 20 ppm to achieve the best RF performance.

The following document will provide more details on this: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN95089_PSoC_4_PRoC_BLE_Crystal_Oscillator_Selection_and_Tuni...

Thanks
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta

Hi @Dom_Jen00 

I see that you have set the ILO clock source as WCO. Can you also confirm if the source for LFClk and BaKClk is set as WCO?
You can see these clocks under the miscellaneous tab of System clock configuration box:

Ekta_0-1691131813209.png

Also make sure that the interrupts are assigned properly:

Ekta_1-1691132923756.png

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
Ekta

Hi @Dom_Jen00 

I had the following input regarding the ECO settings:

1. Load cap will depend on the crystal used.
2. Startup time of 1500us is recommended only.
3. All our internal radio validation is done with a divider value of 2.
4. Documentation says that the ECO clock frequency must be adjusted to be accurate within ± 20 ppm to achieve the best RF performance.

The following document will provide more details on this: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN95089_PSoC_4_PRoC_BLE_Crystal_Oscillator_Selection_and_Tuni...

Thanks
Ekta

0 Likes