Changing MCU for the sample USB Mass Storage Logger on psoc6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeTS_3297816
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello.

I have some trouble.

I'm developing a USB mass storage device on psoc6(CY8C6347FMI-BUD53).

There was a sample project for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W :  USB Mass Storage Logger. This sample was nearly I wanted to do and I believed this was very useful for me.

This sample emulate the file system. I tried the sample and worked on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board as a USB mass storage device, as I expected to.

Then, I modified the sample for CY8C6347FMI-BUD53, creating the build target. Modified source was built and programmed successfully, and the main loop executed successfully (I checked it by blinking LED).

But when I connected the board to the Windows 10 PC, this was not recognized as USB storage device.

Then I connected it to Linux PC and checked by df and lsusb commands, the board was recognized as mass storage, but not mounted on file system.

The sample source seems to do nothing MCU-dependent, except target device setting. What can I do for the  CY8C6347FMI-BUD53 board to be recognized as USB mass storage device.

I'm developing the board on the Modus Toolbox 2.2.0(Build ID: 2181).

Thank you for reading.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KeTS_3297816
Level 2
Level 2

There was 500ms wait in main loop for debugging. I had removed it, then the board was recognized as MSD from PC (though I think it still has some instability).

I'm sorry for annoying you. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @KeTS_3297816

Can you please let me know the steps that you followed to change the target device to CY8C6347FMI-BUD53? Can you please confirm that the USB Configurator settings have been replicated correctly? If so, can you please share the TARGET folder so that we can have a look?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Mr. Rakshith.

I changed the target as follows:

1)Right clicked the project 

2)Left clicked the "Build Targets".

3)Left clicked the "Create..".

4)Filled the "Target name:" textbox as "bsp TARGET_GEN=myBSP DEVICE_GEN=CY8C6347FMI-BUD53", then clicked OK.

5)Built the target.

6)Edited the Makefile and change the target as "TARGET=myBSP".

7)Built the project and then programmed.

These would be the regular procedure, I believe.

I made some changes to the clock setting, as my system has different clock circuit from the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. But basically same clock is supplied: Clock is 48MHz, Clock(Bus Reset) is 100kHz. D+ and D- pins are properly connected in Device Configurator and hardware connection is right.

I didn't change the USB Configurator from the original sample project, as there seems to be no need to change. The procedure of the firmware source was not changed for the same reason.

I attached the TARGET folder as zip file. If you could find something wrong or suspicious, would you let me know, please. 

Thanks,

Keiichi

0 Likes

CY8C6347FMI-BUD53 has only one PLL and five PATH_MUXs, while CY8CPROTO-062-4343W(CY8C624ABZI-D44) has two PLLs and six PATH_MUXs.

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

I suggest to use this other code example:

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-usb-msc-filesystem-freertos

It uses a proper filesystem (FatFS). The one from the usb-msc-logger code example is very limited and we plan to deprecate it.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply, Mr. RodolfoGL.

I'll try it from now and report whether it can run on my board.

0 Likes

Somehow this sample supports CY8C624ABZI-S2D44, not CY8C624ABZI-D44.

Therefore I could not disable PATH_MUX5 (this is locked), this cause CY8C6347FMI-BUD53 target build error.

I could disable the PATH_MUX5 on CY8C624ABZI-D44 from Device Configurator.

Moreover, my board doesn't have micro SD card slot, so I can't run and check the operation of the sample on my board, even if I successfully build it. If I could build it, I could reuse the code, though it seems not to be easy work.

0 Likes
KeTS_3297816
Level 2
Level 2

There was 500ms wait in main loop for debugging. I had removed it, then the board was recognized as MSD from PC (though I think it still has some instability).

I'm sorry for annoying you. Thank you.

0 Likes