Capsense Initialization fails on CM0+ core

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rushikeshmunde
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi, 

I am using CYPROTO-060-4343w Evaluation board. I want to initialize capsense on CM0+ core and use it.  When I initialize capsense on CM4 core, it works fine but for CM0+ it fails. I tried to debug and found out it fails at Cy_CapSense_SsAutoTune_Call(context); function during initialization. It returns value of 0x11. 

I dont understand why does this happen. Same code works on one core and doesnt on other core.  There is an option in Device Configurator to choose core for capsense, I selected CM0+, I have followed all the steps mentioned in AN215656 document to build dual core environment. 

attaching project and configuration for reference. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @rushikeshmunde 

The issue is with the CapSense interrupt configuration. CapSense works on interrupts for scanning the sensors and the interrupt configuration is different for CM0+ and CM4. In the CapSense_Touch.c file, can you change your interrupt configuration to the following - 

const cy_stc_sysint_t CapSense_interrupt_config =
{
.intrsrc=NvicMux2_IRQn,
.cm0psrc=CapSense_IRQ,
.intrPriority = CAPSENSE_INTR_PRIORITY,
};

Best regards, 

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @rushikeshmunde 

The issue is with the CapSense interrupt configuration. CapSense works on interrupts for scanning the sensors and the interrupt configuration is different for CM0+ and CM4. In the CapSense_Touch.c file, can you change your interrupt configuration to the following - 

const cy_stc_sysint_t CapSense_interrupt_config =
{
.intrsrc=NvicMux2_IRQn,
.cm0psrc=CapSense_IRQ,
.intrPriority = CAPSENSE_INTR_PRIORITY,
};

Best regards, 

Hari

0 Likes

Hi,

That worked, Thanks 

Rushikesh